2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
4 cups cooked rice
1/2 pound fully cooked, lean ham, diced
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups water
16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped celery
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1. Cook broccoli according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and 1 1/4 cups water. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn't burn.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and saute celery and onion until soft.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, ham, rice, soup and cheese mixture, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown.